Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Beginning

I told myself I would never do it.  I don't want to become one of "those people." I'll just browse and read the seemingly interesting lives of other people. I'd like to keep my daily life and thoughts private from the stalker-filled, mystical workings of the world wide web or whatever we call the internet now-a-days.

But my hubby made a suggestion.

And I took him up on it.

So, here I am.  Starting a blog. 

After lulling myself into laziness and boredom on some of my days off of work, I've fallen victim to the readings of various design, food, Christian life, and family blogs .  After a long conversation with my husband about learning to enjoy his culture (following a weekend vacation with his family), we watched TV while I browsed.  He looked over at me and said, "You should start a blog!" 
"I have nothing cool to write about," I quickly responded.
"Of course you do.  You can write about being married to an Asian!  Tons of people would read that.  It would be really popular!"
(Insert sarcastic remark here as my reply)

While I love the enthusiasm and positive outlook my husband has about a blog, I'm going to go with the "I'm starting a blog just for fun" mantra.  Just to pass the time, I guess.  To write about the things God is doing in our marriage (which, by the way, is still completely mind-blowing to me how He brings two selfishly-individual people together to complete this journey of sanctification).  Oh, and the hubs even helped me with the title...I have to give him some credit for this thing.  After all, Jesus has been teaching me quite a bit about being married to someone who would prefer to use chopsticks.  :)

So here it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment